What is our ancestry in NY-23?
|French (except Basque)
|West Indian (excluding Hispanic origin groups)
How many of us would be here today, if our ancestors had been required to have health insurance before they could immigrate?
“Morning Joe” claims DJT and his minions are “tarnishing the Republican brand.”
What was the Republican brand?
- Good government
- Fiscal conservative
- Law and order
- Free trade
- Family values
- Bipartisan foreign policy
- Defend The Constitution
- Protect the environment
- Free enterprise
- Local control of schools
- States’ rights
What did I miss? What happened?
An article by Rick Miller in the “Olean Times Herald” reports Tom Reed’s views on the “Ukraine situation.” Miller reports:
- Rep. Tom Reed took aim Thursday at “extreme-left” Democrats he said were eager to overthrow the election and impeach President Donald Trump.
- Reed said extremists represented by the “AOC (Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez) Squad” have taken over the Democratic Party in the House and are responsible for the push toward an impeachment inquiry.
- The Corning Republican said he did “not see a smoking gun in the evidence that has been put forward.”
- He said he read the transcript of the July 25 telephone conversation between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy.
- Reed was asked whether it bothered him that Trump, according to the claims of his critics, appeared to be seeking re-election help from the Ukraine president with a Democratic opponent.“I did not see those words in the transcript,” Reed replied. Instead, Reed said he saw a request by Trump asking the Ukrainian president about corruption involving former Vice President Joe Biden when he was in public office.
Tom says he would follow the evidence, but the only evidence he sees is stories made up by Democrats. His view would be more plausible if he would admit that something untoward happened and find excuses for it. As it is, the evidence shows he is corrupt.
Note: The “transcript” was notes and recollections laundered by the Trump Administration. The transcript remains hidden in a top secret vault.
An earlier article discussed the many unknown and suspicious reports about the attack on Abqaiq. Now in an Aljazeera article by Maysam Behravish I read:
Israeli air raids on Iranian-backed forces in Lebanon, Iraq and Syria may have spawned oil strikes.
U.S. Intelligence officials must be aware of this story. If it is true, Secretary Pompeo is pointing in the wrong direction. Since this story conflicts with U.S. claims, I wonder if Trump and Pompeo have been briefed on it. I wonder if Congress is aware of it.
Justice Neil Gorsuch claims Supreme Court not split on party lines
What are his arguments?
- Gorsuch … recently agreed with more liberal colleagues in a decision reaffirming a criminal defendant’s right to a jury trial.
- He told the audience at Brigham Young that the justices eat packed lunches together while Justice Stephen Breyer tests out knock-knock jokes that his grandchildren taught him. Gorsuch said he and his colleagues sing happy birthday to each other, grill burgers at employee picnics and play practical jokes.
- Officials say the Supreme Court’s justices rule unanimously in 40% of the 70 cases they hear in an October-to-May term.
As far as I can see, Gorsuch’s points are irrelevant. On important cases, I think we know how the justices will vote most of the time.