It’s the First Amendment For A Reason!
Most Viewed Articles
- Joe Sempolinski’s values
- NY-23 Special Election — Second Amendment and Guns
- Constitutional Conservative
- NY-23 Special Election — Health Care
- NY-23 Special Election
- Can Presidential pardons be granted with impunity?
- What’s good about the Chips Act?
- Term limits for Supreme Court Justices
- Action in the House July 19th & 20th
- What is wrong with young people today?
Search For Articles By Key Word
- Follow New NY 23rd on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: pardon
Once again, the Danish film crew was filming and, after the events of that day, recorded Stone asking again for a presidential pardon. This time, Gaetz apparently wanted one, too. When White House counsel Pat Cipollone prevented Trump from issuing … Continue reading
But the principal argument for reposing the power of pardoning in this case to the Chief Magistrate is this: in seasons of insurrection or rebellion, there are often critical moments, when a welltimed offer of pardon to the insurgents or … Continue reading
Can the President do what he likes? Pretty much, I think. The President is expected to faithfully execute the laws, but the President can veto bills, take exception with signing statements, or direct subordinates to ignore laws. The courts might … Continue reading