It’s the First Amendment For A Reason!
Most Viewed Articles
- Chautauqua Endorsement & Upcoming Events
- Puerto Rico
- A primer on political spin
- Do Republicans control the government?
- Are user fees the answer?
- How Much Would You Pay To Defeat Rep. Reed?
- Secretary Tillerson on Syria
- It’s not the language that is evil
- Trump speaks
- NY23rd Democratic Candidates will meet for an Issue-Focused Forum
Search For Articles By Key Word
- Follow New NY 23rd on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: George Will
…borrowing’s burden falls on future generations. This is a form of expropriation–taxation without representation of the unborn.–G. Will In a column in the Elmira Star Gazette on Jan. 4, 2018, George Will argues for a balanced budget amendment. Will’s … Continue reading
The best reason for rejecting the (Iran) agreement is to rebuke Obama’s long record of aggressive disdain for Congress — recess appointments when the Senate was not in recess, rewriting and circumventing statutes, etc. Obama’s intellectual pedigree runs to Woodrow … Continue reading
Forty-eight members of the Democratic caucus attempted to do something never previously done: Amend the Bill of Rights. They tried to radically shrink First Amendment protection of political speech. They evidently think extremism in defense of the political class’s convenience … Continue reading
To succeed, GOP needs more conservative temperament–Michael Gerson Michael Gerson, filling in for George Will, penned a column which appeared in the Elmira Star-Gazette today, July 17. Decrying GOP extremism, Gerson suggests the GOP needs change its temperament. Gerson is … Continue reading