It’s the First Amendment For A Reason!
Most Viewed Articles
- In case your pants are on fire, pose with a fire department
- Rep. Langworthy on the debt default deal
- Political Dynasty
- Ron DeSantis
- Tim Scott
- China leads the world in battery technology
- Rep. Langworthy speaks
- The Far Right Case for Default
- Rep Langworthy on the economy
- The House operates like a 17th century pirate crew
Search For Articles By Key Word
June 2023 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Follow New NY 23rd on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Visit Our Facebook Page
Tag Archives: Fourteenth Amendment
Is the Debt Limit Constitutional?
The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned.–Fourteenth Amendment (Section 4) The debt ceiling crisis … Continue reading
Does the Bill of Rights apply to the states? Probably.
Does the Bill of Rights apply to the states? Probably, but only when the Supreme Court says it does. Before 1920, mostly it didn’t. It all depends on the Fourteenth Amendment which reads in part: “… nor shall any state deprive any … Continue reading