It’s the First Amendment For A Reason!
Most Viewed Articles
- My Semester with Snowflakes
- SAFE Act approved by Federal Court of Appeals--What's Next?
- One in four Americans want their state to secede from the U.S., really?
- Whitefriars Stained Glass Windows in NY 23
- An unexpected wrinkle in our Congressional Race
- As i read all these comments from you moronic idioms.
- Has Nancy Pelosi offered the GOP another chance?
- A brief sample of comments on Tom Reed’s Jan. 4 tele townhall
- Needed laws and amendments
- What’s next for Donald J. Trump?
- We Got Lucky With Trump
- Wither the Republican Party
- Starts with “C” (as in Correction?)
- Fiscal Responsibility
Search For Articles By Key Word
- Follow New NY 23rd on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: Common Core
This article, which focuses on NYS Senate candidate Leslie Banks Burke (Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben, Yates & part of Tompkins Counties) was submitted by Lee Marcus, friend of the New NY 23rd. Lee is a writer who lives in Arkport. … Continue reading
With a recent e-mail to constituents, Tom Reed offers us another slanted poll. Do you believe universities receiving public funding should be required to spend a portion of their non-taxed financial assets and donations (endowment) to assist students from middle … Continue reading
On H.R. 5 “Student Success Act,” Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) wrote: On Wednesday, I was honored to stand up for parental rights by voting no on #HR5, the bill to reauthorize #NoChildLeftBehind. The bill increases federal control of education. Here are … Continue reading
Tom Reed claims the EMPOWER (Enable More Parents to Opt-Out Without Endangering Resources) Act would allow parents to opt-out of annual standardized testing required for their children by No Child Left Behind, such as the assessments aligned with Common Core. … Continue reading
I support the right of parents to make decisions regarding the education of their children. Parents should play an active role in determining what standardized tests their children take. I want to make sure this decision is clear in that … Continue reading
Join with us to defeat the Washington machine & unleash the American dream.–Sen. Rand Paul Most Americans’ foreign policy judgments are sound and realistic; it’s Washington that tends toward extremism in one direction or another.–Rep. Justin Amash 5-19-15 We stand … Continue reading
Remember the SAFE Act? In one context it can be seen as the controversial New York State law that unified many Upstaters to protect their rights to own a firearm. Many angry New Yorkers were convinced that the State Government overstepped … Continue reading
A compromise between us is Impossible–“Under which Lyre,” Auden What do these have in common? Stop Fast Track For one thing, they all urge action without clearly explaining why. Too often such advertising promotes only one side of an issue, … Continue reading