It’s the First Amendment For A Reason!
Most Viewed Articles
- Opioid Crisis Data for the NY23rd, by Counties
- Fiscal Year 2018 Appropriations
- Don’t be a Charlie Brown
- Glucose testing
- 2018 Primary Voters: Be Aware of Friday the 13th (of October)
- Income Tax: cut rates or deductions?
- Is Tom Reed compassionate?
- Rep. Reed tackles the opioid epidemic
- Gary Cohn on taxes
- Can the President do what he likes?
Search For Articles By Key Word
- Follow New NY 23rd on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tag Archives: Bill of Rights
This article was written and submitted by Cath Kestler, resident of Silver Creek, NY ‘As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live them.’ — John Fitzgerald … Continue reading
Forty-eight members of the Democratic caucus attempted to do something never previously done: Amend the Bill of Rights. They tried to radically shrink First Amendment protection of political speech. They evidently think extremism in defense of the political class’s convenience … Continue reading
Does the Bill of Rights apply to the states? Probably, but only when the Supreme Court says it does. Before 1920, mostly it didn’t. It all depends on the Fourteenth Amendment which reads in part: “… nor shall any state deprive any … Continue reading