If by woke you mean kind, truthful, and inclusive, it is very good idea.–WRH
Vivek is a candidate for President. This is from Vivek’s 2024 campaign website:
Vivek is an American business leader and New York Times bestselling author of “Woke, Inc.: Inside Corporate America’s Social Justice Scam,” along with his second book, “Nation of Victims: Identity Politics, the Death of Merit, and the Path Back to Excellence,” and “Capitalist Punishment: How Wall Street is Using Your Money to Create a Country You Didn’t Vote For.”
Left leaning media has called him the “intellectual godfathers of the anti-woke movement” (Politico) and the “right’s leading anti-ESG crusader” (Axios and Bloomberg). He was dubbed “The C.E.O. of Anti-Woke,” by the New Yorker and has been described by the Federalist Society as “one of the most compelling conservative voices in the country.” These movements are now popularized in mainstream conservative thought.
Vivek’s 25 Policy Commitments to Take America First further than Trump
Here is are some of Vivek’s ideas:
- Revive American National Identity: Use the military to secure the Southern border; end affirmative action; coerce local governments.
- Unleash the American Economy: Achieve more than 5 percent growth; drill, frack, and burn.
- Declare independence from China: Bar US businesses from expanding in China.
- Dismantle Managerial bureaucracies: Shutdown Dept. of Education, FBI, IRS.
- End Weaponization of Government: Pardon Jan. 6th defendants; fight all plans for digital currency.
Vivek makes much use of buzzwords: woke, weaponization, bureaucracy, unshackle, affirmative action, DEI, wasteful spending, regulations, crime. His ideas reflect Social Darwinism and laissez-faire economics. He has no experience in government. He assumes that his ideas are workable and popular. He claims he could take America further than Trump did; that didn’t work out well, not because Trump was incompetent, but because his ideas were wrong–being rich isn’t a sufficient qualification.