Come visit, don’t stay.–Oregon Gov. Tom McCall
New York State continues to suffer from record out migration. This is very concerning but comes as no surprise since Kathy Hochul and Albany Democrats continue to produce policies that drive hardworking families right out of our state.–Rep. Tenney
Much misinformation can be stuffed into a few sentences:
- If NYS suffers somehow, Rep. Tenney doesn’t say how.
- NYS’s population decline is recent, presumably temporary, rather than “continuing.”
- What sort of record, Rep. Tenney doesn’t say.
- Why concerning?
- It would be “no surprise” if Gov. Hochul had little to do with people moving.
- Most legislators, Democrats and Republicans, don’t represent Albany.
- What policies, what evidence?
- People move for many reasons–jobs, retirement, family reasons. They aren’t necessarily driven.
- Not all who move are necessarily “hardworking.”