Congress should consider electing Mike Pence as Speaker of the House. The Speaker need not be a member. Electing Pence, a Republican, would be consistent with a Republican majority. Pence has experience in the House–he was a member from 2001 to 2013. Pence, reputed to be principled, could receive support from Democrats. A Speaker elected with bipartisan support would serve the people better than Kevin McCarthy or another partisan zealot.
It’s the First Amendment For A Reason!
Most Viewed Articles
- Reed, Sempolinski, Langworthy
- Federal “government spending” is an empty phrase
- Classified Documents
- Think before acting
- Rep. Langworthy vows to be “a serious legislator”
- Human migration
- House Rules
- The Party of Panaceas
- Senator James Shields (1806-1879)
- Is it better for our representatives to keep us in the dark?
Search For Articles By Key Word
- Follow New NY 23rd on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets