“I don’t care if Herschel Walker paid to abort endangered baby eagles. I want control of the Senate.”— Dana Loesch
Sadly, these ideas aren’t uncommon.
- If you distrust democracy, try autocracy.
- If you fear inflation, vote out incumbents.
- If you dislike facts, make up some you like better.
- We can put the genie back in the bottle.
- There is a simple answer to complex questions.
- We can rely on common sense.
- A candidate’s political party is all I need to know.
- If we can’t solve a little problem, we should try to make it bigger.
- Everything was better in 1950.
- Professional politicians make good legislators.
- Being elected to Congress makes one an expert on many subjects.