As gas prices across the district soar to $4 a gallon and more, it proves yet again how completely asinine it is that we have cut off our domestic natural gas and oil supplies. Instead of bowing to the environmental extremists in his party, President Biden needs to exercise real leadership and unleash America’s natural resources now. Not only is it crucial for our national security, it is vital for the American people who are suffering from the pain of inflation. — Rep. Tom Reed
Reed’s statement begs the question several times:
- Tom’s claim of proof isn’t supported.
- Tom’s claim that “domestic natural gas and oil supplies” have been cut off is unsupported and blatantly false.
- Tom’s claim that President Biden “bows to environmental extremists” is unsupported.
- Tom’s claim that America’s natural resources are “leashed” is unsupported.
- Tom implies, but doesn’t explain, what causes inflation.
- Tom implies, but doesn’t explain what is crucial for our national security.
That “real leadership” would be shown by following Tom Reed’s partisan lead is a silly claim. Natural resources are found where Mother Nature put them, not where partisan politicians might wish. Oil, gas and minerals aren’t the only natural resources; clean air and water are more vital. A planet capable of supporting life is even more vital.
As Reed cynically uses war in Ukraine to oppose sane environmental protections, he is the ass and would make asses out of those who believe what he says.
Tom Reed never met a bottle or lie he didn’t embrace.
LikeLiked by 1 person