- Soviet Russia supports a moderate Afghan government.
- Ronald Reagan doesn’t like Communists.
- Mujahedeen are anti-communist, so Reagan gives them weapons.
- The Russians leave Afghanistan.
- The Taliban take over.
- After 9/11, the Taliban won’t give up Osama bin Laden
- GWB decides to punish the Taliban by arming their enemies.
- This doesn’t work.
- More and more American soldiers are sent there to fight.
- That doesn’t work; the Taliban grows stronger.
- President Obama scales back the American military presence.
- President Trump proposes an end to the war; General Mattis quits.
- President Trump negotiates an end to the war with the Taliban.
- President Biden affirms the agreement to leave Afghanistan.
- The Afghan Govt. is routed.
It’s the First Amendment For A Reason!
Most Viewed Articles
- Afghanistan timeline
- Tom Reed’s 2020 Financial Disclosure
- Colonial Pipeline
- Maricopa County Voting Machines
- Term Limits for Congress
- H.R. 51 — “To provide for the admission of the State of Washington, D.C. into the Union.”
- Rep. Tom Reed on Certain Legislation
- Belonging to a movement
- Firearm regulation
Search For Articles By Key Word
- Follow New NY 23rd on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets