President Trump has said and done dozens of things that might have fatally damaged his administration, but seemingly emerged unscathed. Here are some:
- Attacking FBI and CIA.
- Denial of intelligence reports.
- Attacking NATO.
- Secret meeting with Putin.
- Repurposing appropriated funds.
- Withholding aid to Ukraine.
- Withholding information from Congress.
- Hiding his tax returns.
- Praise for white suprematists.
- Conflicts with military.
- Lack of response to threat of pandemic.
- Disregard of medical expertise.
- Making personal loyalty to him a sine qua non.
- Praise of Kim Jong Un.
- Attacks on the Postal Service.
- Thousands of lies.
Will reports that Trump regards killed and wounded soldiers as losers be fatal? Experience to date suggests it won’t.