We’ll continue working on solutions that generate jobs, support local businesses, and grow our economy. –Tom Reed
Why do we like Tom Reed? First of all, he is a Republican in a Red district; that’s all most voters need to know. Beyond that, his bio, press releases and facebook posts give a hint:
- He has a wife and two children.
- He says he likes hunting.
- He claims to be one of us, a good old boy, from here.
- He has a winning smile.
- The youngest of 12, Tom claims he was raised by a single mother on a social security check.
- His father, a decorated career military officer, died when he was 2 but Tom still learned from his legacy of service and loyalty.
What seems not to matter:
- His views on current issues, which he mostly keeps to himself.
- His votes in Congress, which he seldom mentions or explains.
- His animosity to affordable health care and Social Security.
- His cruel indifference to poverty among us.
- His disdain for university education.
- His mostly out-of-state funders.
- His conflicts of interest.
- His ethical lapses.
- His personal finances.
- His support for President Trump.
Tom is a challenge for his opponents for office because voters seem to like him and don’t care about much else.