The buck stops here. — Harry S. Truman
Can you believe it?
- President Eisenhower was embarrassed by a scandal over a fur coat and one lie he told.
- After Richard Nixon, accused of crime, cover-up, and lying about it, left office in disgrace, a future President would do all of that and more and be allowed to tough it out.
- After Bill Clinton had to answer charges with documents and a disposition, a future president would claim immunity to any lawsuit.
- After watching Al Gore, presiding over the Senate, accept defeat, there is a serious concern that a future defeated candidate might refuse to leave office.
- That we would elect a President with no experience in government or the military.
- That a President would agree to cooperate with the Senate but not the House.
- Tens of thousands of Americans would die in a pandemic, and the President would not make action a priority.
- Many would claim that the First Amendment prohibits government action to protect public health.
- After vaccines have saved so many lives, many would oppose vaccination.
- That education, science and expertise would be suspect.
- That many would not believe news reports; that many would not believe what the President says.