An article by Rick Miller in the “Olean Times Herald” reports Tom Reed’s views on the “Ukraine situation.” Miller reports:
- Rep. Tom Reed took aim Thursday at “extreme-left” Democrats he said were eager to overthrow the election and impeach President Donald Trump.
- Reed said extremists represented by the “AOC (Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez) Squad” have taken over the Democratic Party in the House and are responsible for the push toward an impeachment inquiry.
- The Corning Republican said he did “not see a smoking gun in the evidence that has been put forward.”
- He said he read the transcript of the July 25 telephone conversation between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy.
- Reed was asked whether it bothered him that Trump, according to the claims of his critics, appeared to be seeking re-election help from the Ukraine president with a Democratic opponent.“I did not see those words in the transcript,” Reed replied. Instead, Reed said he saw a request by Trump asking the Ukrainian president about corruption involving former Vice President Joe Biden when he was in public office.
Tom says he would follow the evidence, but the only evidence he sees is stories made up by Democrats. His view would be more plausible if he would admit that something untoward happened and find excuses for it. As it is, the evidence shows he is corrupt.
Note: The “transcript” was notes and recollections laundered by the Trump Administration. The transcript remains hidden in a top secret vault.