“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”–Lewis Carroll
- That’s a conversation we need to have.—I don’t want to talk about it.
- I will take these concerns from constituents back to Washington D.C.—constituents’ concerns will be forgotten before Tom leaves the room.
- Your opinions are important to me.—Why should I care what you think?
- I’ll get back to you on that.—I don’t want to talk about it.
- We need to agree to disagree.--forget you!
- national emergency—Congress won’t cooperate.
- taxpayer money—any government spending.
- bipartisan bill-–any bill which one approves with at least one sponsor from each party.
- reintroduce a bill—it previously died in committee and likely will again.
- harmful, unnecessary regulations—they cost you or your business time and money.
- Breaking news—news.
- Fake news—anything found disagreeable.
- TDS—the idea that Trump’s blather makes responsible people crazy; there may be some truth to that.
- The left—anything but the far right.
- The other side-–the left.
How right you are, William.
I just called Reed’s office to find out where he stands on the fake national emergency. Amazingly, he does not support it, and believes that it is Congress’ responsibility to appropriate funds, not the president’s. I asked that he put his money where his mouth is and support a resolution to end the national emergency, which is within the power of Congress, and to support a full investigation of Trump’s abuse of power. However, when Reed uses those words, he really means that he will say that to pretend that he is bipartisan and choosing country over party, but will not act based on his statement. Watch what he does, not what he says.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Tom will likely say that Democrats, the far left, the other side, through their intransigence, made an emergency declaration necessary.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes, AKA “The Extremists.” Like Reed isn’t extreme?
Great post! You nailed it.