For the 2018 mid-term elections, an unprecedented number of women are standing, with more than 250 in the running for Congressional office following the selection of candidates in the primaries.–BBC News
Congress poorly reflects the population; in particular, women are underrepresented. The chart gives data on ethnicity; a chart which showed representation in Congress by party affiliation would show another disparity–due to gerrymandering, voter suppression, and other factors, Democrats (liberals, moderates, progressives) are underrepresented.
- Tom Reed disrespects whole groups of his constituents, persons struggling economically, Democrats, women, residents of Tompkins County. Here are a few examples:
- Opposes increasing Federal minimum wage, threatens to cut SNAP benefits, tax cuts for the rich, …
- Labels Democrats extreme, pretends to listen, talks bipartisan, then votes with the GOP majority.
- Failed to vote for VAWA once, accepted a temporary extension this fall. Is silent when President DJT attacks women.
- Attacks Cornell, Democrats, Liberals; won’t acknowledge relative prosperity in Tompkins, County.
Tom Reed says he cares, but in eight years has done nothing to show that he does. NY-23 remains an economic backwater. His campaigns are funded by out-of-state special interests. It is wrong to reward a self-serving politician. Let’s give Tracy Mitrano a chance to show what she can do for us.