Hundreds of Political Action Committees (PACs) have contributed to Tom Reed. These PACS collect money from many donors and distribute some of it to many recipients. I picked one PAC to study –“What a Country! PAC.” Here is what I learned:
- WHAT A COUNTRY! PAC
- Location: ATHENS, GA 30605
- Affiliate: Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla)
- Contributes only to Republicans
- Spent 60% of expenditures on administration and fundraising.
- Contributed $3000 to Tom Reed
- The largest contribution to “What a Country! PAC” was from reality interests.
- Many contributors to What a Country! also contributed directly to Tom Reed or indirectly through other PACs. For example, Honeywell International contributed $7500 directly to Tom Reed and also contributed $10,000 to “What a Country! PAC.”
One thing is clear–these contributors have no interest in local politics, these contributions are to secure Tom’s concern for their specific interests. Money is laundered thru a befuddling network of PACs. Rather than Lincoln’s ideal, they represent government of, by, and for special interests–“pay to play.”
HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE TOM REED FOR CONGRESS GENERALDC04/23/2018$2,500.00
HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE TOM REED FOR CONGRESS PRIMARYDC11/17/2017$2,500.00
HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE TOM REED FOR CONGRESS PRIMARYDC02/28/2017$2,500.00
There are PACs and Super PACs on both sides.
MoveOn.org is heavily financed by George Soros
And then there is this ? https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/03/jonathan-soros-the-pac-to-end-all-pacs-105123
Labor Unions are notorious for outspending most PACs
When the Dems are in power PACs are not a problem. When the GOP controls the House and the Senate and especially the Presidency PACs are bad?!?!?!
If it were not for double standards Progresives would have no standards !