Hundreds of Political Action Committees (PACs) have contributed to Tom Reed. These PACS collect money from many donors and distribute some of it to many recipients. I picked one PAC to study –“What a Country! PAC.” Here is what I learned:
- WHAT A COUNTRY! PAC
- Location: ATHENS, GA 30605
- Affiliate: Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla)
- Contributes only to Republicans
- Spent 60% of expenditures on administration and fundraising.
- Contributed $3000 to Tom Reed
- The largest contribution to “What a Country! PAC” was from reality interests.
- Many contributors to What a Country! also contributed directly to Tom Reed or indirectly through other PACs. For example, Honeywell International contributed $7500 directly to Tom Reed and also contributed $10,000 to “What a Country! PAC.”
One thing is clear–these contributors have no interest in local politics, these contributions are to secure Tom’s concern for their specific interests. Money is laundered thru a befuddling network of PACs. Rather than Lincoln’s ideal, they represent government of, by, and for special interests–“pay to play.”
HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE TOM REED FOR CONGRESS GENERALDC04/23/2018$2,500.00
HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE TOM REED FOR CONGRESS PRIMARYDC11/17/2017$2,500.00
HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE TOM REED FOR CONGRESS PRIMARYDC02/28/2017$2,500.00