It (disruptive government) causes a lot of people to not react the way you’d typically see DC folks and the establishment react. That type of disruption coming at it with what some people feel is chaos, some people feel is disruptive, and that’s what it is about.–Tom Reed
Tom Reed’s ideas reported in the referenced article lightly edited:
- the status quo is bad, disruption is good.
- Tariffs and protectionism are going to create jobs.
- Short term pain, long term gain.
- I’m willing to go down that (painful) path.
- It’s the President’s style… (so it must be ok)
- Change the course of America’s future with anxiety and some fear.
Pain felt by others doesn’t concern Tom Reed.