It’s just a typical day.–Tom Reed, Jan. 24, 2018
Reporter Katrina Fuller, writing in the Jamestown Post-Journal, gives us an unusual insight into Tom Reed’s day in his legislative district, NY-23. Paradoxically, we learn much with much more still hidden.
(Do the clock hands in the photo point to 1:00 o’clock?)
We learn that on Jan 24, 2018 Tom visited:
- DFT Communications.
- Falconer Food Bank Distribution Center.
- Jamestown Salvation Army.
- UPMC Chautauqua WCA Diabetes Education Center at Jones Memorial Health Center in Jamestown. (WCA–Women’s Christian Association)
Here’s what we did learn:
- At DFT Communications, Reed met with County Executive George Borrello, DFT Communications President Kurt Maytum and other DFT officials.
- Tom “took a tour” at the Falconer Food Bank Distribution Center.
- Reed spent “some time” packing food boxes at the Jamestown Salvation Army.
- Reed explained some new Medicare and Medicaid benefits to young diabetes patients, their parents, and other adults.
Here’s what we didn’t learn:
- What Tom had to say at DFT Communications other than what Tom himself reported on facebook–that he discussed the importance of expanding rural broadband with local leaders.
- What Tom said or did at the Falconer Food Bank Distribution Center other than look around.
- How long Tom spent packing food boxes at the Jamestown Salvation Army. Surprisingly, Tom didn’t post a picture.
Katrina Fuller wrote that Tom had a full day of events, but no times are reported for individual stops or the entire expedition. According to Tom, it was just a typical day,