My house is always for sale for the right price. –Illinois Real Estate salesman
Thank you for all your hard work and keep up the good work. My life is looking so much better now, and I’m impressed with your consistent standing on issues…–seen on facebook
How is it that some people say they agree with whatever Tom Reed or President Trump might do even before they know what it is? The answer must be that they have no principles other than to keep the GOP in power. They must understand that the GOP’s hold on political power hangs by a thread.
The GOP is seriously divided:
- Failed to repeal and replace Obamacare.
- Passed their tax bill by a hair.
- Continuing resolutions due to lack of agreement on budget.
- Divided into “problem solvers,” liberty caucus, freedom caucus, and others.
In NYS too, four dissident Republicans are at odds with the rest over SALT. What can explain the phony insistence that the GOP is united, that whatever the GOP does is just what was wanted? My explanation is fear–fear of foreigners, fear of immigrants, fear of minorities, fear of women, fear of poverty, and fear of city dwellers. How long fear will blind the voters isn’t obvious to me. Consider the facts:
- Tax cuts won’t pay for themselves.
- Tax cuts for the rich mostly benefit the rich.
- Immigration doesn’t keep us poor.
- Regulations don’t stand in the way of success in business.
- Cutting the social safety net won’t bring prosperity to all.
- The emperor has no clothes.
As long as fear dominates us, the fear-mongers may maintain their offices and influence.
Searching for keyword “fear” on newny23rd finds many interesting articles.