Whenever the GOP gains power, they botch it. Consider recent history:
- GWB responds to the events of 9/11 by starting two disastrous wars.
- In 2012, they nominate Akin and Mourdock for the Senate.
- The Senate votes a compromise on immigration, but the House ignores it..
- Warned not to appoint Michael Flynn, President Trump does it.
- Without an alternative, the GOP attacks Obamacare, which is popular with voters, and fails for now.
- Against majority opinion, the GOP tries to sell tax hikes for many to fund tax cuts for wealthy individuals and profitable corporations.
- They drag their feet on DACA and Child Health Plus.
- They turn a blind eye to catastrophic climate change.
- They attack education, and in particular higher education.
- They promote racial divisions.
- They attack minorities: LBGT, immigrants, women.
- They threaten us with cuts to Social Security and Medicare.
- They embrace a sex offender in the person of Roy Moore.
- They accept a long list of executive actions without protest (see link below).
Given a chance to do good, they invariably muff it.