Wawawoowoo hasn’t been tested or proven effective, there are many dangerous side-effects, taking Wawawoowoo may cause death, so ask your doctor if Wawawoowoo is right for you.–advertising heard all too often on TV.
Americans have little use for expertise or theory, but they do love to experiment. Here are some examples:
- Climate change: Continuing to burn things may turn farmland into desert, flood our coastal cites, bring about disease, famine, and war, so let’s burn more and see if this proves true.
- Competition in medical care: If people pay for for insurance and care, medical costs will be affordable. Let’s repeal government support for medical care and see if that happens.
- Firearms: If everyone keeps a loaded gun at home and carries one when they go out, what could possibly go wrong? Let’s make it even easier for anyone to own a gun than it is now.
- Nuclear power: We know it’s safe; there has never been an accident except in Ukraine, Japan, Pittsburgh, and Detroit. Let’s build more nuclear generating plants in populated areas on known geographical faults.
- Tax cuts increase revenue: Reagan believed and tried this without success, but it’s worth a shot; let’s try that again.
- Corporate tax cuts create jobs: Economists may doubt that corporate tax cuts promote hiring, but we know better. We want “jobs, jobs, jobs,” so let’s “cut, cut, cut” and see what happens.
- Substance abuse: Why not buy some drugs from a guy at a street corner if the price is right?
- Quick and easy wars: GWB believed that a war with Iraq could be quick and inexpensive. It didn’t work in Iraq, but maybe it would somewhere else. Let’s find out.
- Proxy war: If we get someone else to fight, we can win wars on the cheap. Yeah right.
- Regulations: Government regulations hinder business, cause poverty. Let’s rescind as many as possible and see what happens.
- A person with no political experience can be elected President, so let’s try that. What could go wrong?
Are any of the above experiments unwise? Evidently many don’t think so.
Winston Churchill once said, “You can always count on the Americans to do the right thing after they have tried everything else.”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Man-Made Climate Change………… what can I say…….
We should be able to purchase healthcare Ins. and medical care like auto insurance and auto service.
There are a lot of people who wish there were a few trained church goers down in Sutherland Springs, TX last Sunday who were carrying firearms.
How could you forgot Three Mile Island near Harrisburg, PA. The darling of the left, Jane Fonda, starred in the movie.
Tax cuts do increase tax revenues. It worked for both JFK and Reagan. Unfortunately, if the government countinues to grow it’s spending and increase it’s debt limit the country will continue to have budget deficits and grows it’s debt.
US corporate taxes are some of teh highest on the planet. Permanently reducing the corporate tax rate will encourage companies to move business and money back to the US.
Substance Abuse……. what should we expect after decades of cultural progressive change, continued big government growth and lax birder control.
Wars… both parties have gone down the military complex road. Obama (and Hillary) continued the wars in the middle east and expanded into Syria and Africa.
Proxy wars gave us the Taliban and Benghazi.
Most career politicians are the problem. The salary, perks, benefits and easy schedule are too good to give up.
The stupidity and ignorance of some people….and always offered with a healthy portion of snark….good grief….
The FICTIONAL movie ‘The China Syndrome’, starred Michael Douglas, Jack Lemmon and Jane Fonda and was about the FICTIONAL Ventana Powerplant.
It’s an urban myth and a rewriting of history to call Fonda the darling of the left. And the slanderous intent of that statement and similar statements are worthy of our Orange Orangutang of a President. That is to say it is horrific, loathsome and vile.
The FICTIONAL movie ‘The China Syndrome’ was released March 16, 1979, 12 days before March 28, 1979 when the TMI-2 reactor at Three Mile Island in Pennsylvania had a partial meltdown on its way to China.
Cleanup of the Three Mile Island accident started in August 1979, and concluded in December 1993. TMI-2 was never returned to service. The cost of cleanup was over One Billion American Dollars.
Dateline Oswego NY, Nov 7, 2017. Yesterday.
Radiation from damaged fuel rods leads Oswego nuke plant to power down.
It seems fuel rods in the reactor’s core are leaking radiation. And no one knows why.
What can happen??