Tom listened to the thoughts and concerns of hundreds of local residents at his town hall meetings on February 18.–Tom Reed
Today is a great victory for the American people. We are finally on the path to fixing our broke and broken health care system. The AHCA upholds protections for pre-existing conditions and the expansion of Medicaid, which help our most vulnerable populations. –Rep. Tom Reed
- It is very difficult to defeat an entrenched incumbent.
- Many NY-23 voters will vote for the Republican candidate no matter what.
- Lies and alternative facts may serve Tom better than truth.
- It is no surprise that Tom voted for AHCA; he has been a bitter enemy of Obamacare all along.
- Hundreds of disappointed and angry constituents have commented on Tom Reed’s facebook page, but tens of thousands of votes are needed to defeat him.
- If Tom should run in 2018 and not be reelected, there is always the family business–medical bill collection.
- Defeating ACA to protect his business was likely Tom’s goal from the beginning.
Tom may be ready to retire from Congress now; if he went back to bill collecting, he would no longer need to spend time in the Capitol every other week or so.