Let’s try the procedure described in the NewNY23rd article:”How to Spot Fake News”
“How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!”–President Donald Trump, May 5, 2017
- Consider where it was first published? It was heard on the Mark Levin March 3 radio program.
- Is there a source? Mark Levin connected information from multiple sources, and came up with a conspiracy theory. It was reviewed in a Brietbart article.
- Is the source reliable? NO
- Has it been “fact checked?” NO
- Is it aimed at riling you up? Yes
- Beware of satire. (The Onion, Andy Horowitz) This is not a satire.
- Does it have the “ring of truth.” Maybe, to some people.
Conclusion: Fake News
I think the process worked.