Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising. –Mark Twain
Do we believe this? Can you add to my list?
- I will build a wonderful wall, which won’t cost as much as they say.
- Obama is the enemy; Putin could be our friend.
- In a half hour, I can learn all I need to know about nuclear weapons.
- We can negotiate deals which put America first; we just need to hang tough.
- DJT is a good choice for President because he is disruptive.
- Rescinding regulations, no matter which, will “make America great again.”
- It’s not about religion; we only want to keep America safe.
- The best guide to the Constitution is “original intent;” clearly the authors intended us to own machine guns.
- Federal spending is bad, unless spent in my district
- Government is better left to the States, but not if they seek to regulate firearms, fracking, or to protect residents from deportation.
- Some scientists say “climate change is a hoax,” so that must be right.
- Scalia was a model Supreme Court Justice; the Constitution told him to stop counting votes in Florida.
- A few more American soldiers and a little more time will bring freedom and prosperity to other countries.
- Mexicans are bad; make them pay.
- Reporters are dishonest; you can’t believe what you read in the New York Times.
- We don’t distrust public education, we only want to give students a choice.
- We have a superior plan for health care; we will explain it real soon now.
- We want to protect the environment; we only want to prevent EPA overreach.
- We want to protect families; we only want to deport dangerous criminals.
- We aren’t trying to keep people from voting; we only want to prevent fraud.
- We want to “make it here, sell it there;” taxes on imported goods won’t be a problem.
- Medicare and Social Security are unsustainable; cutting benefits is the only answer.
- We want to protect women’s health, but we don’t want Planned Parenthood to do it.
- Inexperienced administrators are the key to good government.
Are we a gullible people? It sure looks that way.
War is Peace
“If you can’t solve a problem, try making it bigger..” — Attributed to Donald Rumsfeld
Good list, here a few more:
America first; after me.
Women love us; they’re all masochists and bimbos.
The media is biased; watch Breitbart.
Critical meetings are safeguarded; we go to Mar A Lago
Black people’s homes; what do they have to lose?
Make America Great Again; it may take a lot more time than we promised.
I know more than anyone about internet security; Flynn was a great choice and now maybe Petraeus.
LikeLiked by 1 person
When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front row seat. George Carlin