What do you have to lose?” — Donald Trump
“Donald Trump is a disruptive force and I support that.” –Tom Reed
What do we have to lose? Perhaps everything. Here is a partial list:
- Our planet endangered by greenhouse gasses.
- Our form of government which Trump says has failed us
- Our Constitution which Trump seems not to understand or respect.
- Our pursuit of justice for all.
- Foreign allies.
- Pursuit of peace through diplomacy.
- Our religious freedom.
- Freedom of the press which Trump says he would limit.
- Freedom of fear of violence.
- Our public lands.
- Women’s rights
- Free public education
- Affordable health care
- A respectable government
- Endangered species.
Tom Reed says he supports Trump because he would disrupt government. Disruption isn’t reform, who would welcome it? We might fear disruption by foreign enemies, those who would meddle with fair elections for example, but there is no cause for disruption which could allow special interests to act unfettered–the road to good government is rocky enough already.