The people’s voice will be restored. –Tom Reed
The medium is the message — Marshall McLuhan
Tom writes that for him Trump is a clear choice. That’s surprising, since even Tom admits having reservations. Tom chose to publish his reasons in a well known political blog rather than closer to home; he could have published here at newny23rd.com. Let’s take a look at his reasons:
- This presidential election is a choice between a successful businessman or a Washington insider who has been involved in government for her entire life.
- Donald Trump was chosen to be the Republican nominee by a majority of Republican voters
- Trump … understands that, for too long, the average American hasn’t had a voice and feels left behind.
- From the many conversations I’ve had with small business owners, retirees, and rank-and-file union members, I can tell you that without a doubt, they want Donald Trump to shake up the Washington establishment.
- Trump is a disruptive force that will change the status quo in order to create real, lasting and positive change in Washington.
- Trump will join us in putting the American people first instead of Washington elites.
- Hillary Clinton, however, will continue President Obama’s policies which have unfairly divided our nation. We have an unstable national security position, a jobless recovery, and a healthcare system that is too expensive to manage.
- Clinton’s economic agenda also continues Obama’s harmful actions: high taxation, heavy regulations, and more of Washington deciding who wins and who loses.
- Clinton has clearly closed herself off to the American people. She is focused solely on pleasing her donors and the Washington elitist establishment.
- Accessibility is important to me and it is clearly important to Donald Trump who is listening to people as he travels to red states and blue states alike.
- Donald Trump is taking what he is hearing and working to create what people from Maine to California and Florida to Alaska are all asking for—jobs.
- His economic vision will create substantive change for our nation. These changes will restore American manufacturing and create opportunity for all Americans.
- With Trump in the White House, we will see an acceleration of this type of job-creating legislation. We will create jobs for our kids, our grandkids, and future generations.
- The people’s voice will be restored.
Are these believable? Are these valid reasons for Tom Reed to consider Trump a clear choice? What is the message in Tom’s decision to publish this on “The Hill” rather than in local papers?