Leslie Danks Burke, New York State Senate Democratic Candidate for the 58th District (Chemung, Schulyer, Steuben, Yates and part of Tompkins Counties), has announced that she has raised $213,929 in this filing period, making her total $385,894.
She also announced:
- She had over 1,100 separate donors
- 85% of her donors came from within the 58th District
- 94% of her funds were from individuals, the rest came from corporations or PACs
Her opponent, incumbent Thomas O’Mara, has not released his fund raising data but according to Ballotpedia Sen. O’Mara’s fund raising history:
- In 2014, when he ran unopposed, he raised $219,500
- In 2012 he also ran unopposed and raised $217,925
- In 2010 then State Senator George Winner unexpectedly decline to run for re-election, O’mara raised $284,241 for his primary and general election contests
One would have to wonder how much money Sen. O’Mara has left over from his unopposed elections that he can use in 2016.