- He would make deals. Deals require compromise which Republicans often deplore.
- He would enact trade barriers to keep jobs at home. Republicans traditionally favor free trade. Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney made a fortune sending auto parts manufacturing jobs overseas.
- He would raise the Federal minimum wage.
- The GOP wishes to court women and minorities; Trump would drive them out.
- He would abandon reliance on allies and on NATO which have been central to American and Republican defense policy.
Trump is certainly not an establishment Republican, but that isn’t the main objection to his nomination–he has no experience in government and no record to gauge his ability to serve effectively.