- Believing the only necessary qualification for office is to claim to be a Republican?
- Holding that Supreme Court Justices should have a secret right-wing agenda?
- Backing a presidential candidate with no relevant experience or track record?
- Calling for tax cuts that add to the deficit?
- Promoting a balanced budget without regard for the known consequences?
- Preferring war to negotiation?
- No problem with money in politics–oligarch?
- Concerned only for the welfare of the rich?
These aren’t conservative ideas, but they are associated with faux-conservatives prominent today. These are like teens using a naughty word–conservative–while hoping someone tells them what it means–careful, cautious, slow to embrace change.