Does anyone believe that a fox looking up at grapes once remarked that they must be sour? I doubt it; that story is a myth. We have much repeated political myths today that are equally silly. Did anyone really believe that the House Select Committee on Benghazi wasn’t politically motivated? I doubt it; recent admissions by those who would know only confirm what was obvious. Here are some more such myths.
- The NYS Safe Act is unconstitutional.
- Businesses can’t afford to pay living wages.
- Fracking would make NY-23 prosperous.
- Laying off most government employees–small government–would boost the economy.
- Attacks on Planned Parenthood aren’t politically motivated.
- Republican economic ideas are good for business.
- Many receiving disability benefits could and should find paying jobs.
- If the social safety net were repealed, the unemployed would find work.
- Our representatives aren’t corrupted by money in politics.
- RAMI and similar initiatives will create a manufacturing renaissance in NY-23.
- Needed investment in infrastructure can be financed without tax increases.
- Republicans wanted economic recovery during the Obama Administration.
- Illegal immigrants are a burden on the economy.
It would be easy to go on; what are your favorites.