It’s the First Amendment For A Reason!
Most Viewed Articles
- Republicans Love the SAFE Act and Really Do Not Want it Repealed!
- Rep. Tenney on veterans injured by burn pits
- Mr. Trump's firsts
- SCOTUS Prepares to Rule on Three Massive Cases: ObamaCare, Racial Disparate Impact, and Gay Rights
- Rep. Reed...Represent US...Support the Iran Deal
- Rep. Tenney's plan to protect the Second Amendment
- Mr. Trump’s firsts
- Rep. Tenney’s plan to protect the Second Amendment
- Joe Sempolinski’s values
- NY-23 Special Election — Second Amendment and Guns
- Constitutional Conservative
- NY-23 Special Election — Health Care
- NY-23 Special Election
- Can Presidential pardons be granted with impunity?
- What’s good about the Chips Act?
- Term limits for Supreme Court Justices
Search For Articles By Key Word
- Follow New NY 23rd on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: October 2015
Money Cashers (.com) explains that “the debt ceiling restricts the Government from paying the bills or costs for programs which have been legally authorized by Congress.” Before 2011, Congress understood the negative consequences if they did not routinely pass legislation that would … Continue reading
When we try to curb the surges of unchanging human nature or to quench a conflagration with an act of legislature … we are every bit as foolish, as I’ll prove to any jury, as those enterprising beavers when they … Continue reading
On Monday (10/19/15), the Second Circuit Court of Appeals released their opinion on the constitutionality of the New York State “SAFE Act” and Connecticut’s “Gun Violence Prevention and Children’s Safety Act”. The Court upheld lower courts’ decisions that New York’s … Continue reading
I heard a discussion of a possible NYS constitutional convention on Sunday, Oct. 18, on The Capitol Connection on WSKG radio. Two political scientists, host Dr. Alan Chartock and guest Dr. Gerald Benjamin, debated the question of a constitutional convention. Dr. … Continue reading
We will have a lot of opportunity to influence our Local, State, and Federal Governments next year. There will be three separate primary elections along with the National General Election. Throw in School Budget and Board votes and possible village … Continue reading
What are the GOP’s concerns? Here are some things that they seem unconcerned about: Climate change Environmental pollution Economic collapse Government shutdown Default Unemployment Underfunded schools Disabled persons’ plight Poverty Drought Oligarchy ISIS Deteriorating infrastructure Domestic Terrorism Mass murder War … Continue reading