What a difference!

capuanoRep. Michael Capuano (D-MA) writes:

Many of you have contacted me sharing your thoughts on the Iran deal. I appreciate all the calls, emails and letters on this very important foreign policy issue and thank you for taking the time to reach out to me.

During this August District Work Period, numerous constituent groups have met with me to share their views, for and against, the agreement. I have additional meetings scheduled in the days ahead.

I continue to consider the agreement, keeping an open mind until the day of the vote in case any new information surfaces. That being said, I am leaning strongly in favor of the Iran deal.

As I explained in July on the day the agreement was announced, I have always hoped for a negotiated resolution to the threat posed by Iran’s nuclear ambitions. The general outlines of the deal appear reasonable and encouraging. I am carefully reviewing the details and discussing the scientific aspects of the agreement with qualified scientists. I have never expected a perfect agreement because that is an impossible standard.

For me, the most important question is if this deal is not acceptable, then what does the United States do next? Some argue for continued sanctions but it’s clear to me that Russia and China won’t go along with that. Moreover, I fear Europe would not support the U.S. in continued sanctions so we would be left with unilateral sanctions and historically these have been ineffectual. Nor do I think a military option is prudent or feasible at this time.

Rep. Reed (R-NY) writes:

There is no more pressing issue that threatens our long-term national security than the Iran Deal.  President Obama has put his trust in a regime that supports terrorism and has compromised our safety and security by allowing Iran to build nuclear weapons — all while providing them with over $100 billion in sanction relief.

From the beginning I have said that keeping sanctions in place without any deal is better than a bad deal with Iran.

Congress will vote on the Iran Deal in September. For us to defeat it we need as much support as possible.

President Obama and Nancy Pelosi are working together to push this legislation through Congress. They know that if this legislation is stopped that it will be another blemish on Obama and his legacy as President of the United States. If he has his way and gets this bill through Congress, he’ll win, and the American people will lose.

What a difference! For Tom Reed, the enemy is President Obama.

This entry was posted in Congress, Political, Reed's Views and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to What a difference!

1. Barbara Griffin says:

I believe Tom Reed is up for re-election in 2016? I was terribly disappointed that he won the last election, but the people of the 23rd cannot let that happen again. He is completely corporate owned, and does NOT work for the good of the people.

2. BOB McGILL says:

and your answer is a former military officer who will end up like Baker of Chaney working for military contractors.

3. BOB McGILL says:

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/military_bureaucracy/Oct 26, 2009 … As an institution, the United States Army has much more in common with, say, a giant corporation like General Motors than with a professional

Bob, It was a former five star General who warned Americans about the “military industrial complex” – Eisenhower. Though a strong Republican, he would be considered a Liberal by today’s standards.
    Your prejudgement of a man ( John Plumb) you know nothing about, smacks of willful ignorance.

Your link took me to an article about marriage equality.