- Government can’t create jobs (Tom Reed’s handout 2013-2015)
- Social Security is unaffordable, unsustainable, bankrupt
- Low taxes for the rich and super rich benefit all
- Our children will have to repay the National Debt
- Corporate taxes are too high
- Federal budget should balance in good times and bad times
- Private spending creates jobs, but government spending does not
- The Federal Government spends too much
- Rescinding environmental regulations creates jobs
- Tax breaks for corporations directly fight hunger.
- Anyone can be rich unless they are lazy
- People could find jobs if forced by extreme want
- Reduce college cost by cutting salaries of teachers and administrators
- If students fail to pass tests, teachers must be incompetent
- Private is always better than public
- The smaller government, the better
- More should be left to the states.
- Professional economists are wrong
- Property owners deserve compensation for losses due to regulations.
- A laissez-faire economy serves the best interest of all
Do these ideas sound familiar? I associate them all with Tom Reed.
© William Hungerford – February 2015