I certainly think bipartisanship ought to consist of Democrats coming to the Republican point of view. … If we [win the House, Senate, and White House], bipartisanship means they have to come our way, and if we’re successful in getting the numbers, we’ll work towards that.–Richard Mourdock
Reasons people give for liking Tom Reed–you can’t make this stuff up.
- Tom introduced 82 bills. (that went nowhere)
- The House passed many bills never considered in the Senate. (bad ones, doomed from the start)
- Tom missed slightly less than the average number of votes.
- It is good to see what Tom IS doing. (visiting a hospital for a photo op)
- He’s helped put the brakes on much of the Leftist agenda. (whatever that is)
- Democrats have their pictures taken too.
- People say Tom has done nothing because they don’t like what he has done. (whatever that may be)
- ACA was bipartisan legislation. (so bipartisan must be the wrong approach)
- Tom may be a moderate, but he is more conservative than Martha.
- Tom can’t be bought for only $25,000.
- Democrats seek and accept political contributions too.
- Workers and unions support Martha, so if Tom gets $620,000 from realty interests that’s only fair.
- Conservatives are happy with Tom (but they called his ideological twin, Rep. Hanna, who had a primary opponent, a RINO)