Martha Robertson’s platform

martha3

Martha Robertson

I have a bright vision of our region. We live here because we love it. My husband Steve and I chose to live and raise our kids here. I’ve been here for thirty years, and I wouldn’t live anywhere else. I am running for Congress to make our vision of growth and prosperity a reality for all our families in upstate New York.–Martha Robertson

Here are Martha Robertson’s priorities as listed on her web page:

hands-off-social-security

This entry was posted in 2014, Congress, Political and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Martha Robertson’s platform

I did a google search just to see what came up in these areas for Reed. Hit-or-miss,mostly, although I did come across the Project Vote Smart page for him. Not a lot of surprises, although….a 0% rating on the issue of animal empathy? Ouch! Poor Tuttie. http://votesmart.org/candidate/biography/127046/tom-reed-ii

–it was also interesting to note that Corning, Inc., which I often hear touted as being Reed’s top contributor, is actually second to a hedge fund company, Elliott management, which has donated twice as much as Corning has to Reed’s campaign this time. I wonder what they’re going to expect in return for that money?

Ray Copson wrote on this blog:
    …Elliott Management and Elliot Associates, which together chipped in $38,000. These are hedge fund companies based in New York City and founded by Paul Singer, a billionaire contributor to the Mitt Romney presidential campaign.

Singer is an outspoken opponent of the Dodd-Frank financial reforms, enacted to protect the country and consumers from the sorts of depredations that led to the 2008 economic collapse. According to press reports, Singer purchased Delphi Auto Parts in 2008 at fire sale prices, after which Delphi received more than $7 billion in federal bailout funds. Singer then closed 25 of Delphi’s 29 U.S. plants, journalists tell us, at the cost of thousands of American jobs. Delphi operations were largely shifted to China.

Reed should not be sitting on Ways and Means.

Here is an interesting account of one hedge fund, The Empire of Edge by Patrick Keefe: