We know somethings about the Koch Brothers, Realtors, and others who are Tom’s largest funders and most significant supporters, but here’s another special interest: National Federation of Independent Business, NFIB.
- NFIB tweeted today, August 14, 2014: we’re also proud to support Tom Reed for re-election in NY-23. Today he was endorsed by NFIB’s SafeTrust.
- Reed replied: Extremely grateful to receive the NFIBAction endorsement this afternoon in NY-23–Small business is the key 2 economic recovery!
So what does NFIB Advocate?
- NFIB fights job-killing Federal minimum wage hike.
- Supports a bill that would provide small business immediate relief from Obamacare. (Save American Workers Act, H.R.2575, roll156–Tom Reed voted AYE)
- Says EPA clean water rule threatens small business.
- Supports “States’ Right to promote American Energy Security Act” (H.R.2728, roll 604–Tom Reed voted AYE) (Surprisingly, this bill would affirm NY State’s right to regulate fracking, although that wasn’t the point which was to thwart Federal regulations)
In addition, NFIB claims small business backs Reed in NY-23. So how much have they given Tom? At least $6500 according to “influence explorer.” Not even in the top 100, but still a significant amount. Is NFIB even a legitimate voice for small business? Maybe not according to the HuffPost article by Dan Froomkin referenced below. (Thanks to Deb Meeker for this.)
© William Hungerford – August 2014
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2014/roll156.xml http://www.opencongress.org/vote/2013/h/604 http://data.influenceexplorer.com/contributions http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/26/nfib-exposed_n_1917262.html