Here is my secret. It is very simple:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
What is essential is invisible to the eye.–Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Le Petit Prince, 1943 (thanks to FW for this)
Bad children walk, good children ride.–Ogden Nash
Political rabble-rousing backfires when it creates a cacophony of constituent demands which are contradictory, intemperate, and unanswerable.
- Quit spending money we don’t have! My grandchildren already owe $150,000.00 each because of out of control spending! America is BROKE!
- What have you really done for the southern tier that is your own idea?
- Get rid of common core in New York; vote for Rob Astorino for governor.
- Education should always be local and state run. The federal government pushing any kind of education on our kids is another step towards socialism in this free country. The common core curriculum is horrible. My child is lost with her math homework. Three times four equals twelve not eleven!
- Ithaca leans to the left, but calling Martha’s views extreme and then referring to them as “Ithaca values” really alienates a huge chunk of your district. It’s the “they’re not voting for me anyway” thing that Romney did.
- I support you 100% Tom. Leave it to a liberal TROLL to equate a difference of OPINION to not being for freedom, ironic isn’t it? But then that’s the way of the Left; if you don’t agree with every notion that comes out of their face, you are; racist, ignorant, hate women, against freedom etc … Keep up the good work.
- Now get legislation done to allow Fracking in NY before Cuomo does it and takes credit for it.
- Keep the govt out of my harbors! More govt intervention when we should be letting the market dictate who receives much needed dredging! This is nothing more than a communist plot to control our waterways. The end is near, everyone get a gun!
- The only reform in the tax code that would work is to come up with a flat tax Everyone pays the same rate no deduction . Get rid of the IRS .
- Common Core is a state matter as it should be! I would hate to think that the Feds control the whole United States in all these matters that should be left to the states…our system was set up that very little governing should come from the Feds– most should come from the State, Counties and local governments–I want the Feds out of most of my business! Let the State of New York decide and if a person is upset with the decision, they can move to another state. The more we concede to the Feds, the less free we are.
- Perhaps we all would do a whole bunch better if you tyrants in Washington left alone. We do not need your help. Get out of our way. Repeal the last hundred years and “We the People” will do just fine without you.
- Stop Executive Amnesty; no executive nullification of our laws.
- Will you vote down Obama’s request for 3.7 billion? It only spends 25 million on border security; the rest is a slush fund.
- All good socialists support common core.
- We have major things that do need to be taken care of like hungry kids and Tom is very involved with the food bank! I work very hard each week at a local pantry and Tom can’t do it all. I hope you can change your opinions about Tom as he really is a great guy!
- Thank You Congressman Reed!
© William Hungerford – July 2014