Please vote for me if you agree with me at least half the time.–Martha Robertson
“Republican Rep. Tom Reed nearly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory last time.”–Nathan L. Gonzales, Rothenberg Political Report
- Martha is a Democrat. Tom is part of the Republican/tea party roadblock in the House.
- Martha is supported by the people of NY-23. Tom is supported by special interests. Much of Tom’s support is from out-of-state.
- Martha opposes Paul Ryan’s reactionary, austere budget proposal. Tom voted for it.
- Martha supports Social Security. Tom would cut benefits at least for future retirees.
- Martha supports progressive taxation. Tom favors a “flat tax,” a windfall for the most wealthy taxpayers and a heavier burden on most of us.
- Martha favors environmental protection. Tom seeks to rescind environmental regulations at every opportunity.
- Martha favors acting to promote economic recovery. Tom favors rescinding regulations and cutting business taxes instead.
- Martha supports public education.
- Martha supports low interest student loans. Tom voted to raise interest rates.
- Martha supports affordable health care. Tom voted again and again to repeal the Affordable Health Care Act which would leave millions of us without insurance and restore the Republican “doughnut hole.”
© William Hungerford – July 2014