On the side of the postcard with Tom’s picture, the ad claims:
- Protect Social Security and Medicare
- Tom doesn’t mention that he would “protect” Social Security and Medicare by cutting benefits.
- Fully Fund Medicare (for those who are in the program now or soon will be).
- Tom doesn’t mention that he would shortchange future retirees–our children and grandchildren..
- Keep Medicare for future generations.
- Tom would destroy it to save it.
Tom Reed… “Standing with Our Seniors” — yeah, right. I don’t think these ads are working for Tom–seniors are major contributors to Martha’s campaign.
On the other, negative side of the post card: “Not only does extreme Ithaca liberal Martha Robertson say that global warming should be Congress’ top priority, but she also supports $716 billion in cuts to Medicare Advantage.”
Global warming isn’t a priority? Who knew? The Medicare Advantage charge is a lie, and Tom knows that well. If a lie works for him, he will use it.
Tom’s suggestion–“you can keep your benefits if you will shortchange your kids” is the dirtiest deal imaginable; only a real low-life would buy into that.
© William Hungerford – June 2014