Small problems and big ones

big problemsIf you can’t solve a problem, make it bigger. — attributed to Donald Rumsfeld

There are no big problems, there, there are just a lot of little problems. — attributed to Henry Ford

The difficult problems in life always start off being simple. Great affairs always start off being small. ― Laozi

Small problems:

• Atmospheric CO2–good for plants.
    • Rising sea levels–someone else’s problem.
    • Drought–ho-hum.
    • Mass Extinction–God’s will.
    • Inequality–only fair.
    • Low wages–too bad.
    • Poverty–find work.
    • Unemployment–your fault.

Big problems:

• Same sex marriage.
    • EPA regulations.
    • SAFE Act
    • My electric bill.
    • High cost of flood insurance.
    • Can’t profit from fracking on land I own in NYS.

© William Hungerford – March 2014

This entry was posted in Humor, Political. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Small problems and big ones

For some reason, I’m not being allow to ‘like’ on this blog. But I like this.

2. BOB MCGILL says:

Small problems:

■Atmospheric CO2–good for plants. plants in tuen make Oxygen
    ■Rising sea levels–someone else’s problem. Happened many times before, shouldn’t build so close to the water anyway.
    ■Drought–ho-hum. Natural occurence, today we can make it rain.
    ■Mass Extinction–God’s will. Number one cause human encroachment, habitat distruction.
    ■Inequality–only fair. Some were born that way.
    ■Low wages–too bad. OH boy lets make everyone a CEO
    ■Poverty–find work. By who’s definition
    ■Unemployment–your fault. Milk it to the end 🙂

Very good Bob. I expected you would lean that way. The flora may continue to flourish when the fauna are gone.

4. BOB MCGILL says:

you eat people ?

Plants must have been rather happy about the extinction of large plant-eating reptiles, don’t you think, Bob?

6. BOB MCGILL says:

SimilarCurrent global population of over 7 billion is already two to three times higher than the sustainable level. Several recent studies show that Earth’s resources are …
    THIS IS JUST ONE OPINION

7. BOB MCGILL says:

Plants rely on animals in some cases so I think you had better re-think this one ! 🙂

8. BOB MCGILL says:

Big problems:
    ■Same sex marriage. damn Democrats
    ■EPA regulations. damn Democrats.
    ■SAFE Act. damn Democrats
    ■My electric bill. damn Democrats
    ■High cost of flood insurance. damn democrats
    ■Can’t profit from fracking on land I own in NYS. damn Democrats

If you look close enough at these issues you will find that is mostly because of DEMOCRATS
    w–if you weren’t do damned old I would turn you into a REPUBLICAN 🙂

I was once, Bob; then I learned that the GOP has been wrong on every significant question since the Civil War, just as they are on the wrong side of the six above mentioned.

10. BOB MCGILL says:

what did they do throw you out ?

11. BOB MCGILL says:

What’s the matter ? The problems you listed don’t seem very big anymore ?
    Hell of a thought, getting rid of 3 or 4 BILLION people, ain’t it ?
    Who wants to be first ?

Ever time Bob gets on a roll, I envision him standing on his porch, shaking his fist: “You goddamned kids get off my lawn!!!”